Notice of Casual Vacancy - Office of Councillor, Allerston Parish
ALLERSTON AND WILTON PARISH COUNCIL
NOTICE OF CASUAL VACANCY PURSUANT TO SECTION 87(2) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972
1. A casual vacancy exists in the office of Councillor for the Allerston Parish area as a result of the resignation of Councillor Will Dunnett
2. An election to fill this vacancy will be held if, within 14 working days of the date of this notice, a request by 10 Local Government electors for the Allerston Parish area is received by the Returning Officer of the Ryedale District Council.
3. Requests can be made by email to email@example.com or by letter to Corporate Governance, Ryedale District Council, Ryedale House, Malton,
YO17 7HH. All requests must include the full name and address of the elector(s) making the request.
4. Any request received by the Returning Officer is available for inspection upon request.
5. A by-election will be held upon receipt of a valid request from 10 registered Local Government electors within the 14 working day period.
6. ln the event that insufficient requests are received within the 14 working day period, the vacancy will be filled by the Allerston and Wilton Parish Council by co- option.
Dated this 2nd day of July 2021
Temporary Clerk, Lesley Myers